MARC Global Intro
MARC Global is a ‘find and replace’ tool specifically designed for MARC files; it is based on our DOS-based product of the same name, which was first copyrighted in 1997.
MARC Global uses a self-guiding interface which walks you through the steps that are needed to find and replace data in your MARC records. There is a separate form or screen for each step. The six steps are:
· Create a sub-set of records (optional)
· Select a type of global change (delete a tag, move a subfield, change data in a tag, etc.)
· Enter the global change parameters
· Select the output options you would like
· Confirm the selections made above
· Run the global change and review the results
At any point in these steps you can go back to any previous screen and change your options. Click here: ‘How it works’ for a brief presentation that describes (with screen shots) the six simple steps used in every MARC Global session.
MARC Global should be a part of every library system administrator’s tool-kit. Many catalogers will also want to add MARC Global to their arsenal of resources. We believe that anyone who has a good knowledge of MARC will be able to use MARC Global successfully and profitably.
You can download a 30-day free trial of MARC Global right now by going to the Download page and following the MARC Report/MARC Global Download instructions.
MARC Global and MARC Report have the same system requirements